It’s likely not attractive to spend your free time cleaning your Beats headphones, so the idea of how to clean beats headphones probably won’t even cross your mind. When you take into consideration that a buildup of sweat, earwax, dirt, and germs may cause ear infections, impaired hearing quality, and, worst of all, a lingering stench, suddenly ten minutes looks like an investment that is quite fair to make.
The instructions that are provided below will show you how to clean Beats, how to clean Beats ear cushions, and how to clean Beats ear pads. Thoroughly and carefully clean your Beats headphones, earbuds, and other accessories.
- Soft, lint-free cloth or microfiber cloth
- Warm water
- Mild soap (optional)
- Cotton swabs
- Isopropyl alcohol (70% or less)
- Dry, absorbent cloth
How to clean Beats headphones
- Turn off all gadgets and unplug your headphones.
- Prepare a microfiber or other soft, lint-free cloth by dampening it with warm water. A drop or two of mild soap might be used to clean the headphones if they are really grimy.
- Clean the headphones’ outer housing and headband with a damp cloth.
- Remove any surplus moisture with a dry, absorbent towel.
- Clean crevices and buttons by dipping a cotton swab into isopropyl alcohol and wiping them down carefully. The alcohol will aid in sterilizing the affected regions.
- Don’t use your headphones again until they’ve dried completely.
How to clean Beats earbuds
- Take out the batteries and unplug the earphones.
- Take off the earpieces from the headphones.
- Clean the earbuds and ear tips by dampening a soft, lint-free cloth or microfiber cloth with warm water and a tiny quantity of mild soap.
- Cotton swabs dampened with isopropyl alcohol may be used to carefully clean the mesh and other inaccessible locations.
- Before reassembling and using, make sure the earbuds and ear tips are completely dry.
How to clean beats ear cushions
Here are some tips for cleaning Beats ear cushions:
- Use a vacuum cleaner attachment. Place the soft brush or crevice attachment of your vacuum cleaner on the outside surface of the ear cushions and turn it on. Lift and remove loose dirt and debris.
- Spot-clean with a damp cloth. Dampen a microfiber towel with warm water and carefully wipe the cushions outside. Avoid getting water in the earcups. Dry with a towel.
- Clean with a diluted soap solution. Dilute mild detergent or dish soap with warm water to clean. Wipe the cushions carefully with the solution-soaked microfiber towel. Using a moist towel, rinse and dry.
- Baking soda solution: A few teaspoons of baking soda and enough water make a light paste. Use your fingers or toothbrush to gently massage the cushions. Wait 15 minutes and wipe with a wet towel.
- Hydrogen peroxide H2O2—Dip a cotton ball in hydrogen peroxide and dab it on cushion stains. Wait a few minutes before wiping.
- Air-dry completely. Allow cushions to air-dry before reattaching headphones. Protects against mold and mildew.
- Replace the cushions if they are very dirty. If the cushions are heavily stained or soiled, it may be best to replace them for hygienic reasons.
How to clean Beats earpads
Here are a few tips for cleaning Beats ear pads:
- Remove particles with a vacuum or brush. Gently clean dust and dirt from ear pads with a soft brush or vacuum crevice tool.
- Clean the spots with a wet towel. Lightly massage tiny spots with a moist cloth. Don’t soak pads.
- Use disinfectant wipes. Safely disinfecting wipes eradicate germs and bacteria, and wipe the pads completely.
- Handwash in warm, soapy water; handwash dirty pads gently. Only soak pads in warm water with a little detergent. Thoroughly rinse and air-dry.
- Delicately wash in the machine. Place the pads in a lingerie bag and wash them on a gentle cycle in cold water for heavy soiling. Air-dry thereafter.
- Too dirty? Replace. Beats may sell new ear pads if they can’t be cleaned or degraded.
- To prevent pad damage, clean carefully without soaking. Spot clean before immersing. Preventing moisture inside requires air drying. Replace worn pads.
Avoid These Products When Cleaning Your Beats Headphones or Earphones
- Cleaning chemicals that are too abrasive might damage the headphones’ sensitive materials and electronics.
- You shouldn’t clean your headphones with bleach or ammonia since such chemicals might damage the material.
- Do not immerse your headphones in water; they are not waterproof.
- Scratching your headphones may be prevented by avoiding abrasive clothes.
- Isopropyl alcohol in high concentrations: this might degrade the headphones’ construction in the long run.
Advice on how to prevent skin irritation
- Keep your headphones clean to avoid skin discomfort from the buildup of sweat and other contaminants.
- Never lend or borrow headphones since doing so might spread germs that could lead to itchy skin.
- If your skin is easily sensitive or if you have open sores, you should refrain from wearing headphones.
- Hypoallergenic headphone coverings and earphone tips are available for those with skin sensitivities.
- Wet headphones encourage the development of germs, so be sure to dry them often.
- Before using your headphones or earbuds again after cleaning, make sure they are completely dry.
How to clean Beats headphones FAQs
How do you clean the fabric on Beats headphones?
Use a damp cloth with soap to clean headband cushions and sliders. Don’t use a damp cloth on the ear cups or ear cup mesh—use a dry cleaning cloth instead.
How do you dry out Beats headphones?
Remove water droplets by shaking the earphones, and allow 48 hours for the earphones to air dry. Use a hairdryer or any other sort of hot air to speed up the drying process. -By putting the earphones in a compact container with a desiccant (moisture absorber) packet, the drying period can be decreased.
How do you get water out of Beats earbuds?
How do you dry out earbuds? First, remove the earbuds from your ears and gently shake them to remove any excess water. Next, use a soft, dry cloth to wipe down the earbuds and remove any moisture that’s left. If the earbuds are still wet, you can try using a hairdryer on the lowest setting to help dry them out.
How do you clean the sweat off Beats studio?
If necessary, you can slightly dampen the cotton swab or cloth with 70 percent isopropyl alcohol. Use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth to clean all other areas of your Beats Studio Buds, Beats Studio Buds +, Beats Fit Pro, and charging case. Here’s how to clean your ear tips.
Is it okay for beats to get wet?
Are my Beats wireless earphones waterproof? Your Powerbeats, Powerbeats Pro, Beats Studio Buds, Beats Studio Buds +, and Beats Fit Pro earbuds are sweat and water-resistant*, but not sweatproof or waterproof.
How do I save my Beats headphone’s battery?
How to Increase the battery life of Bluetooth headphones
- When listening to your favorite songs or albums, remember to download them instead of streaming them from your app of choice.
- Avoid placing your wireless headphones in direct sunlight or extreme cold for longer battery life.
With proper care and cleaning according to the tips above, your Beats headphones can last for many years of use. Remember to not submerge the headphones or use harsh chemicals. Regular cleaning helps your music sound its best and keeps your beats looking like new for much longer. Always dry thoroughly before storing away after cleaning.
Keep these cleaning guidelines in mind, and make it a habit to regularly clean your Beats headphones to maintain their quality. Now that you know how to clean Beats headphones, you can continue enjoying your music in style!
We have high hopes that you will find our user guide to be extremely helpful. Your inquiries and suggestions are always welcome. Participate in our online community by signing up for our newsletter and checking in with us on Facebook and Instagram. and keep following us at techheadphone